Are you expecting?
Congratulations! A new baby brings great joy to families. Whether you are a first-time parent or working on baby number four, the first few weeks, even months, with your new baby can be intense. You will no doubt have questions such as:
- How do I take care of my baby’s umbilical cord?
- Is my baby getting a flat spot on his/her head?
- How do I set a schedule for my baby?
- Is my baby’s poop normal?
- How do I keep my baby safe during flu season?
With countless resources available to new parents, you will be on information overload. It is important to have a trusted resource for all of your newborn care needs. Who better to trust than your pediatrician?
Kids & Teens Pediatrics is a family-centered, pediatric practice caring for children from birth through young adulthood. Our philosophy is simple:
We know each child, each parent, and each family is different with individual needs, so we provide a very personalized approach. We care for the “whole” child, providing thorough and comprehensive healthcare services to meet any and all of your family’s childcare needs.
Expecting & Infant Care
Because your family’s healthcare choice is an important decision even before your baby is born, we offer a complementary “prenatal visit” so that you may get to know us and ask questions. From colic to congestion, eating and sleeping habits to baby’s first steps, no question is insignificant and no problem too small to discuss.
- Board Certified Pediatrician on staff
- Complementary “meet the doc” appointments for expecting moms and dads
- Sick and well baby care
- Same-day sick and urgent care appointments
- Vaccinations in accordance with the AAP and CDC
- Inpatient pediatric care at all Kent County, Delaware hospitals
- Physician availability by phone
- Bilingual services
- Brand new state-of-the-art facilities
- Flexible insurance and payment policies
Your First Visit
We are currently accepting new patients of all ages from infants to teenagers. We also accept transfers from other offices and doctors. Call our office to book your first appointment or to schedule a prenatal visit to do a “meet and greet” appointment. We accept most insurance plans, and we will not deny a service based on insurance coverage. For non-English speaking citizens please let us know if you require translation services, and we will accommodate you.
First Visit Preparation
Please complete registration information for your child’s first visit. This will include family history information and HIPAA forms. All Patient Forms are downloadable and found under Patient Resources. You should complete in advance to make the registration process quicker. Please bring your child’s insurance card and a photo ID of the parent/guardian to the appointment.
As your baby grows from newborn to teen, we will continue to offer the services required to ensure your child grows into a confident, healthy adult. Continuing care for your child includes:
- Annual wellness visits for children
- Care for chronic illness including asthma, allergies, diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol and depression
- Care for developmental and behavioral issues including ADHD, Autism, eating disorders, and bullying-related symptoms
Pre-Teens and Adolescents
When kids get older they need a different approach in care. We will work with you as the parent of a pre-teen or adolescent on how to communicate with and treat your child for any health issues. We will help you to ensure their school health records, immunizations, and sports information is all up to date. We also treat eating disorders, ADHD, autism, and other conditions that may arise from bullying or other teenager problems that could trigger depression or similar issues.